How It Works
As we age, the collagen that keeps skin firm breaks down, resulting in sagging skin, fine lines, and wrinkles.
Thermage FLX uses radiofrequency technology to heat the deep, collagen-rich layers of the skin, while the tip vibrates and cools the surface to help aid in patient comfort.
The applied heat separates the water molecules from the fibrous collagen, causing an immediate contraction, resulting in skin tightening.
Over the next few months, the secondary healing response continues as collagen is deposited and remodeled.
The new collagen growth tightens the skin further over time.
For smoother, tighter skin after just one treatment, with continued improvement for up to six months.
- No surgery or injections: Thermage® is non-invasive – no cutting, no needles.
- A Single Treatment: One quick treatment (30 to 90 minutes depending on the treatment area) can deliver outstanding results for most patients.
- Patient Comfort: Integrated cooling with pulsed RF and vibration to aid in patient comfort.
- Little to No Downtime: Go right back to life as usual –no need to miss work or fun.
- Lasting Results: Results improve over time and can be long lasting.
- Multiple Treatment Areas: Treats wrinkles and loose skin on the face, around the eyes and on the body.
- Heating Method: Monopolar Heat Delivery
- Coupling: Capacitive Coupling
Size & Weight
- Face Tip: 3.0 cm2
- Eye Tip: 0.25 cm2
- Body Tip: 16.0 cm2 / 3.0 cm2
- Cellulite Tip: 3.0 cm2
- Cooling: Cryogen
- Energy Output: RF generator Up to 400 watts at 6.78 MHz.
How long will the results last?
For most patients, measurable results appear gradually in the two to six months following a single treatment session and can last for 1-2 years depending on your skin condition and aging process.*
* Recommended by physicians as part of an annual skin rejuvenation maintenance program.
How many treatments will I need?
Unlike many cosmetic procedures requiring multiple sessions, Thermage FLX delivers results after a single treatment. Best of all, results continue to improve over time.
Does it hurt?
The Thermage® FLX system incorporates vibration on the face and body treatments, which has been shown to help aid in patient comfort.
You’ll feel a brief heating sensation when the treatment device’s tip touches your skin, followed by a cooling sensation to help protect your skin and minimize any discomfort.
Are there common side effects?
Some patients have temporary redness or minor swelling after treatment, but this usually goes away within 24 hours.
How long before I can get back to my normal activities?
Most patients return to their regular activities immediately following treatment. No special care is required afterward, aside from basic skin maintenance and broad-spectrum sunscreens as part of a regular skincare regimen.
There are no reviews yet.